Sales Representative and Acting Store Manager
Sales Representative and Acting Store Manager
Experience is required.
Training is provided.
Benefits will include health and dental insurance, 401K, profit sharing, holiday and vacation.
Status: Full Time
Selling products and services that Kunau Implement provides to further their customer’s production. Develop and grow with the Kunau Team through assisting in day to day operation, constant training, and always looking to see where we as a team and individual can improve.
- Work with existing customers to obtain orders, develop rapport and achieve long term relationship thru understanding their business and goals.
- Constantly prospects for new business through gaining referrals and prospecting.
- Develops and maintains a long term training plan with sales manager and training coordinator to build knowledge in products and services Kunau Implement provides.
- Learn and develop skills needed to work with the computer software / hardware provided by Kunau implement.
- Sales person will be responsible for insuring correct flow of paperwork is completed on orders, rentals, attachment sales etc. to make sure data is working thru the system correctly.
- Sales person will have the opportunity to work with management on providing activity and results reports, sales call plans, plans to assist in achieving stated team goals.
- The opportunity and responsibility to recommend changes in products and services that Kunau provides due to changes in local market place.
You will be responsible for the overall general appearance of the store inside and outside along with the smooth workflow inside the store. The following is a list of items, not expected to be completed by yourself, however practice delegation to assist in the following duties but not limited to:
- Keeping trash picked up on the grounds and in the store
- Maintain removal of snow and ice as needed from customer traffic areas
- Check and change furnace filters as required
- Clean all drains in the shop areas as needed
- Check air exchange (filter outside to be cleaned)
- Literature in the racks are up to date and filled with items we sell
- At the end of each day secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Weekly walk a rounds to ensure: Flat/low tires are fixed on equipment in the line up, General organization of equipment is in place across the road and around the facility
- Equipment is brought thru the shop according to the specs on the work order
- Ensure contact has been made with customer by the Sales person to let them know the equipment is coming and they are available
- Communicate with Department Heads
- What new units are being ordered/sold for parts stocking purposes.
- Coordinate work thru the shop, prioritize/communicate with Service Department
Support a culture of safety
- Establish effective two-way communication. Respond to the needs and concerns of workers.
- Make sure management goes beyond the regulations to ensure a safe workplace.
- Encourage workers to go "beyond the call of duty" to ensure a safe workplace.
- Support a work environment that fosters trust, creativity, and general well-being.
- Conduct frequent (daily, weekly as needed) inspections of specific equipment and processes.
- Ensure hazard correction systems are in place and working
- Respond to all reports of unsafe or unhealthy conditions or work practices.
- Participate in mock OSHA audits as scheduled
- 4-year college degree or 2- year associates degree with sufficient management experience.
- Individual should be able to set work priorities and work independently in the absence of supervision and be able to understand and carryout oral and written directions.
- Individual must have the ability to maintain high degree of motivation in team members to retain the focus of providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to get around the dealership and grounds for various tasks.
- The employee would normally lift or move 10 lbs., frequently lift or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lifts or move up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to tolerate up and down movement with bending or stooping including reaching above and below shoulder height with arms and hands.
- Ability to be on one's feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb a ladder with the ability to carry an object while climbing.
- Ability to operate equipment or other power equipment as necessary.
The base work week will be Monday thru Friday from 7:30 to 5:00, with Saturday from 7:30 to noon. In season this sales job will have seasonally adjusted hours of being in store all day Friday and Saturday from 7:30 to close (7:30 to 5:00 on Fridays, 7:30 to 3:00 on Saturday). This will be from late March thru mid-June, Then again from Labor Day thru first weekend in November. Other Saturdays will be in an every other Saturday rotation. Communicate and coordinate your daily schedule including vacation and personal time off with the Sales Team and Management to ensure coverage at the store.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. This document is not a contract and the company may change job duties at any time.
Mail your resume
Kunau Implement Co.
420 West White Street
Preston, Iowa 52069 USA